Crane Operator - Power Plant
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Spring Hill
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a
protector of tomorrow!Covanta South Region is hiring a Crane
Operator-Come Join Us in Protecting TomorrowWhat Covanta Offers
You:Highlights of Covanta's Competitive Total Rewards package:
- A competitive base salary
- Day 1 - Health Care Benefits, includes dental and vision
- Wellness Program Incentives & Rewards
- Retirement Savings Plan and 401K with Company match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holiday)
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Tuition ReimbursementABOUT COVANTA:At Covanta, the work we do
is more than just a job. It's a commitment to environmental
problem-solving and sustainable progress. We do all that we can to
safeguard the future of our people, our planet and our shared
prosperity. We are a world leader in providing sustainable waste
and energy solutions. Our modern Waste-to-Energy and material
processing facilities provide municipalities and businesses
sustainable alternatives to landfill disposal that help build a
circular economy and use waste to generate clean, renewable
electricity. Building a safer, smarter world is no simple task, but
it is something we can achieve together. Join us in protecting
tomorrow.Position Description: Covanta in Spring Hill, FL is hiring
for an experienced Crane Operator.
- The Crane Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient
operation of the refuse crane. This includes feeding hoppers;
maintaining the correct levels of refuse fuel in the boiler hoppers
as well as mixing and leveling refuse in the pit.
- The Crane Operator will also perform routine inspections of the
overhead cranes/grapples to ensure the integrity of the equipment
as well as routine maintenance and housekeeping.
- Observe the tipping of delivery trucks for unacceptable and
- Participate in boiler cleanings
- Complete the required Covanta training within the assigned
- Perform other duties as directed by the Shift Supervisor.Shift:
This position works on a rotating 12 hour shift including weekends
and some holidays. Overtime will be required.Position Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to inspect equipment to
ensure optimal operations of machinery.
- Three to six months Crane experience and/or training
- Formal technical or apprentice training is desirable, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules,
technical procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and
other procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively, in English, with
supervisors and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to take appropriate safe action on his/her own
initiative to prevent equipment damage or injury to personnel
during emergencies or unusual situations; ability to follow Covanta
- Ability to log onto a computer and complete online assigned
- Cleans and removes dirt and debris from equipment, floors,
buildings, driveways, etc.Physical Demands:
- Frequently exposed to high temperatures and outside weather
- Working near moving machinery as well as noisy and dusty
environments; must be able to wear required personal protective
equipment (PPE) to include a negative pressure respirator in
accordance with OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1910.134.
- Climbing ladders and structures; must be able to tolerate
- Frequently required to stand, sit, climb or balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, crawl and reach.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision ability required by this job included close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Covanta is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.EOE AA
M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The
poster can be found at ). Level, Title and/or Salary may be
adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.If you are a
qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you
may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited
in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this
site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable
accommodations by contacting us at email@example.com.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Spring Hill , Crane Operator - Power Plant, Professions , Spring Hill, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!